WordPress 5.1 Beta 2 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site to play with the new version.
WordPress 5.1 is slated for release on February 21, and we need your help to get there!
- Several refinements and bug fixes related to the Site Health project have been made.
render_block_datafilters have been introduced allowing plugins to override block attribute values (#45451, dev note coming soon).
get_template_part()will now return a value indicating whether a template file was found and loaded (#40969).
- A notice will now be triggered when developers incorrectly register REST API endpoints (related dev note).
- Bulk editing posts will no longer unintentionally change a post’s post format (#44914)
- Twemoji has been updated to the latest version, 11.2.0 (#45133).
- A bug preventing the Custom Fields meta box from being enabled has been fixed (#46028).
- The treatment of
post_name__inhas been standardized (#38034).
- When updating language packs, old language packs are now correctly deleted to avoid filling up disk space (#45468).
WordPress 5.1 has many changes aimed at polishing the developer experience. To keep you informed, we publish developers notes on the Make WordPress Core blog throughout the release cycle. Subscribe to the Make WordPress Core blog for updates over the coming weeks, detailing other changes in 5.1 that you should be aware of.
How to Help
Do you speak a language other than English? Help us translate WordPress into more than 100 languages! The beta 2 release als marks the soft string freeze point of the 5.1 release schedule.
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you! If you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on WordPress Trac, where you can also find a list of known bugs.
Do you enjoy bugs?
I don’t. So, we fixed them all.
Well, not all. But close.
Source: WordPress News (https://wordpress.org/news)